Pediatric Dentist, a member of the Ukrainian Preventive and Pediatric Dentistry Association.
In 2010, he graduated from the Bogomolets National Medical University cum laude and was included in the Book of Honour of the University. In the same year, he won the Ukrainian Dental Olympics.
2010 – 2012 – General Dentistry internship and Master’s Degree at the BNMU. In 2012, he defended his Master’s thesis on “Using the MTA-based materials for momentary apexification of permanent teeth with unformed roots”.
Since 2010, he started work as a Lab Technician at the Pediatric Therapeutic Dentistry and Prevention Department of the BNMU.
2012 – 2015 – Dentist at the Pediatric Department of the Dental Centre of the BNMU.
2015 – he specialized in Pediatric Dentistry at the Shupik National Medical Academy for Post-Graduate Education.
2015 – 2016 – Assistant Professor at the Pediatric Therapeutic Dentistry Department of the BNMU.
In September 2016, he joined the Pediatric Dentistry Department team at Dubnova’s Clinic STOMATOLOGiYA.
He is the author and co-author of 19 articles in dentistry scientific magazines. He is a winner of the Ukrainian lap of the International Ceram • X® Global Case Contest 2014 – competition in artistic restoration of teeth.
This doctor’s strengths and his professional interests include Pediatric Dentistry, Endodontics (root canal treatment in children), and dental trauma in children.
He has extensive experience in successful treatment of dental trauma and root canal of permanent teeth in children with incomplete root formation. Dr. Slabkovsky is one of the doctors, who are not afraid and try to solve the most complicated and hopeless clinical cases. English speaking doctor.
He dedicates his spare time to his wife, friends and their shared hobbies: snowboarding, sailing, and playing musical instruments.
Portfolio of works
Initial situation: the girl Ruslana visited the kid’s dental department of the clinic with acute toothache.
Situation assessment: During the examination a deep carious cavity (caries) was found in the lower right premolar, which was located close to the pulp chamber of the tooth, and the tooth reacted sharply to the cold and hot. It was diagnosed: acute pulpitis of tooth 45.
1) During the emergency dental care, and taking into account the acute toothache in the anamnesis, computer anesthesia of the tooth was performed, the inflamed tooth nerve was exposed, a bandage with an anti-inflammatory drug was applied, and planned treatment of the root canals of the tooth was implied (photo 1). After that, the tooth no longer bothered the girl. The duration of the first visit to the dentist was 30 minutes.
2) During the next visit, after anesthesia and tooth isolation with rubber dam, a full-scale treatment of the root canal of the tooth by modern rotational instruments and irrigation with antiseptic solutions with ultrasonic activation was performed. Before the tooth was filled, the main gutta-percha point was installed (photo 2).
3) The root canal of the tooth was filled according to modern methods with the use of heated gutta-percha, which allowed to block (obturate) the main canal and all its lateral branches qualitatively (photo 3, photo 4).
4) The tooth cavity was filled with special photopolymeric material, which meets the physicomechanical qualities of the tooth dentin – “SDR” (photo 5), and the enamel of the tooth was restored with a highly aesthetic and strong composite material (photo 6).
5) After the protector removal, the final polishing of the tooth fill was performed (restoration) (photo 7).
Result: the total duration of treatment for 2 visits was about 2 hours. Now, Ruslana made an appointment with the dentist for the planned caries treatment of other teeth which had been revealed during the examination, and she is no longer going to wait until they start to bother her.
Initial situation: parents brought the boy Maxim to the kid’s dentist Vadim Vadimovich Slabkovskiy.
Assessment of the situation: During a dental examination, deep caries was found in the permanent first molar (photo 1). Diagnostic radiography showed that the carious cavity is close to the pulp of the tooth (photo 2).
1) A computer tooth anesthesia was done to Maxim. After that, the doctor isolated the tooth from the saliva with a rubber-dam – the cofferdam system – which allows the pediatric dentist to treat caries with greater comfort for the child (the child swallows various fluids used by the dentist during treatment), and, moreover, the doctor can provide better adhesion of the filling to the tooth, and, thus, ensure the long-term functioning of the filling itself.
2) After complete removal of carious tissues, a point contact with the tooth pulp was found (photo 3).
3) After a comprehensive analysis of the situation, the pediatric dentist decided to perform a conservative treatment of dental caries, without interfering with the root canal system. Thus, on the first visit, the cavity was filled with Biodentine – biologically active material, which has an anti-inflammatory effect and stimulates the formation of replacement dentin (photo 4, photo 5).
4) It is recommended to put a permanent filling in a month. And this is how the complex filling looked after 1 month (photo 6).
5) Thermotest showed normal reaction of the vital pulp and the absence of inflammation in the Maxim’s tooth. The diagnostic X-ray pattern shows the continuation of root formation, the peri-apical changes are absent (photo 7).
6) Thus, after anesthesia and isolation of the tooth, the pediatric dentist removed only the top layer of the complex filling, because after the final hardening it is compatible with photopolymer materials (photo 8), The doctor restored the dentine of the tooth with the dentinal shade of the aesthetic photopolymer, which, in turn, concealed the complex filling with Biodentine (photo 9), and the doctor also restored enamel with transparent and aesthetic enamel color (photo 10).
7) After removal of the isolation, occlusive grinding and polishing of the filling / restoration of the tooth was carried out (photo 11).
Result: the total duration of treatment (2 visits to a kid’s dentist) took about 2 hours. After a successful short course of treatment of dental caries, the only the boy needs is to take pictures in the game room near the Christmas tree and impart his happiness to the friends in the social media (photo 12).
Now Maxim’s parents strictly hold on tight to the routine check-ups, recommended by Vadim Vadimovich, because they know for sure that it is better not to wait until the teeth start to bother their son.
Initial situation: parents led a 6-year-old girl to the pediatric department of the Dubnova Clinic complaining of recurrent pain in her lower last tooth, where was the old filling. The girl had a negative experience of dental treatment and was afraid to show a tooth to the dentist or take a photo of him.
Assessment of the situation: Orthopantomography (photo 1) was performed for preliminary diagnostics at the clinic. There were found multiple caries of baby teeth and its complications. Based on the substantive clinical need of treatment, the complexity of medical manipulations, the negative experience of the kid of dental treatment and her unwillingness to cooperate, it was decided to treat the teeth in a medical sleep.
1) Dental treatment was carried out under conditions of medical sleep lasting 3 hours. During this time, a final diagnosis was made. According to its results, it was required to treat 12 teeth, 8 of them with caries, and 4 with pulpitis (inflammation of the tooth nerve). The image of baby teeth before the treatment is presented in photo 2, 3, 4.
Photo 2, 3, 4
2) Root canal filling was performed in the lower second baby molars with necrosis of the nerve (photo 5), and the teeth were restored using aesthetic zirconia crowns (photo 6). The photo also shows a permanent 6th tooth, the fissures of which were covered with a special sealant (the fissures sealing) for prophylactic purposes.
Photo 5 (left), 6 (right)
3) In the other two teeth, where the carious process reached the nerve, it was possible to limit the intervention only to the coronal pulp of the tooth, thanks to the use of a biocompatible material based on MTA, and leave nerves in the root canals alive. Next, the cavities in these and other carious teeth were filled with a photopolymer aesthetic material. Photo 7 shows the teeth of the upper jaw immediately after the restoration and removal of the ruberdam.
Result: A week later, the girl came to the clinic for a check-up. With a good mood, she allowed to take pictures of her new teeth. The view of the front teeth in a week after treatment is shown in photo 8.
Zirconia crowns a week after the work up – photo 9, 10.
Photo 9 и 10
After such a complex and comprehensive treatment, the parents of the kid received very detailed recommendations on the hygiene and care of the kid’s teeth at home, as well as the schedule of preventive visits to the kid’s dentist. Now they hold on tight to the schedule, because it is much easier and cheaper (!) to prevent or treat caries at the very beginning.