Pediatric Dentist, a member of the Ukrainian Preventive and Pediatric Dentistry Association.
In 2010, he graduated from the Bogomolets National Medical University cum laude and was included in the Book of Honour of the University. In the same year, he won the Ukrainian Dental Olympics.
2010 - 2012 – General Dentistry internship and Master’s Degree at the BNMU. In 2012, he defended his Master’s thesis on “Using the MTA-based materials for momentary apexification of permanent teeth with unformed roots”.
Since 2010, he started work as a Lab Technician at the Pediatric Therapeutic Dentistry and Prevention Department of the BNMU.
2012 – 2015 – Dentist at the Pediatric Department of the Dental Centre of the BNMU.
2015 – he specialized in Pediatric Dentistry at the Shupik National Medical Academy for Post-Graduate Education.
2015 - 2016 – Assistant Professor at the Pediatric Therapeutic Dentistry Department of the BNMU.
In September 2016, he joined the Pediatric Dentistry Department team at Dubnova’s Clinic STOMATOLOGiYA.
He is the author and co-author of 19 articles in dentistry scientific magazines. He is a winner of the Ukrainian lap of the International Ceram • X® Global Case Contest 2014 - competition in artistic restoration of teeth.
He dedicates his spare time to his wife, friends and their shared hobbies: snowboarding, sailing, and playing musical instruments.
This doctor’s strengths and his professional interests include Pediatric Dentistry, Endodontics (root canal treatment in children), and dental trauma in children.
He has extensive experience in successful treatment of dental trauma and root canal of permanent teeth in children with incomplete root formation. Dr. Slabkovsky is one of the doctors, who are not afraid and try to solve the most complicated and hopeless clinical cases. English speaking doctor.
Initial situation: the girl Ruslana visited the kid’s dental department of the clinic with acute toothache.
Situation assessment: During the examination a deep carious cavity (caries) was found in the lower right premolar, which was located close to the pulp chamber of the tooth, and the tooth reacted sharply to the cold and hot. It was diagnosed: acute pulpitis of tooth 45.
1) During the emergency dental care, and taking into account the acute toothache in the anamnesis, computer anesthesia of the tooth was performed, the inflamed tooth nerve was exposed, a bandage with an anti-inflammatory drug was applied, and planned treatment of the root canals of the tooth was implied (photo 1). After that, the tooth no longer bothered the girl. The duration of the first visit to the dentist was 30 minutes.
2) During the next visit, after anesthesia and tooth isolation with rubber dam, a full-scale treatment of the root canal of the tooth by modern rotational instruments and irrigation with antiseptic solutions with ultrasonic activation was performed. Before the tooth was filled, the main gutta-percha point was installed (photo 2).
3) The root canal of the tooth was filled according to modern methods with the use of heated gutta-percha, which allowed to block (obturate) the main canal and all its lateral branches qualitatively (photo 3, photo 4).
4) The tooth cavity was filled with special photopolymeric material, which meets the physicomechanical qualities of the tooth dentin - "SDR" (photo 5), and the enamel of the tooth was restored with a highly aesthetic and strong composite material (photo 6).
5) After the protector removal, the final polishing of the tooth fill was performed (restoration) (photo 7).
Result: the total duration of treatment for 2 visits was about 2 hours. Now, Ruslana made an appointment with the dentist for the planned caries treatment of other teeth which had been revealed during the examination, and she is no longer going to wait until they start to bother her.
Link to this story: http://stomatologia.com.ua/en/slabkovskiy.html#data-history=1