Pediatric Dentist. A member of the Ukrainian Association of Preventive and Pediatric Dentistry.
In 2011, she graduated from the Dentistry Faculty of the Bogomolets National Medical University cum laude.
2011 – 2013 – internship at the Pediatric Dentistry department of the Dental Medical Centre of the Bogomolets National Medical University. At the same time, she studying for her Master’s Degree at the Pediatric Therapeutic Dentistry and Preventive Dentistry Department of the Bogomolets National Medical University.
2013 – 2015 – Pediatric Dentist at the Pediatric Dentistry department of the Dental Medical Centre of the Bogomolets National Medical University.
2015 – specialized in Pediatric Dentistry.
2011 – 2016 – worked for the Pediatric Therapeutic Dentistry and Preventive Dentistry Department of the Bogomolets National Medical University.
Since August 2016, she has been seeing children at Dubnova’s Clinic STOMATOLOGiYA.
She is continuously developing her professional knowledge and skills, attending lectures, workshops and classes. She pays special attention to prevention in Dentistry.
She thinks that dental treatment should be done without tears and pays a lot of attention to working with parents to develop dental hygiene culture in families. She attempts to find common ground with every child to make treatment joyful and interesting.
She is an author of 15 works in specialized publications, a participant of national and international symposiums and conferences. English speaking doctor.
In her free time, she likes travelling, spending time with family and friends.
Portfolio of works
The initial situation: a girl with complaints about food stuck in the upper right molar tooth came to the dentist of “Dubnova’s clinic “STOMATOLOGiYA” Ishutko Ilona Fedorovna. During the kid’s dentist consultation a carious cavity (caries) was found in the tooth, photo 1.
Situation assessment: a radiovisiography showed that the carious cavity is deep and is connected with the tooth cavity, photo 2.
1) considering the depth of the carious lesion, local computer anesthesia was done (to make the treatment painless and most comfortable for the child).
2) rubber dam was put on (which makes the work more safe for the child, and the result of treatment is more predictable and durable).
3) carious cavities were prepared (carious lesions were completely removed), the cavities of the tooth were opened and the carious pulp of the tooth was removed.
4) the root canals of the tooth are cleaned and filled, with the subsequent X-ray control, photo 3.
Result: the treatment was carried out for 1 visit for 1 hour 30 minutes and … we were very nearly to see out the cartoon “Frozen” :).
Initial situation: the parents visited the pediatric dentistry at the Dubnova Clinic with complaints about the kid’s front baby teeth decay, which became very noticeable (photo 1). Because of a toothache, the kid did not sleep well and could not bite off food with his front teeth.
Photo 1. The front teeth are heavily affected by caries
Assessment of the situation: Given the age of the kid and the clinical need of dental treatment that has to be carried out, it was decided to treat the caries of 8 baby teeth of the kid in a medical sleep.
1) X-ray of the affected teeth for a more correct assessment of the extent of injury to baby teeth before treatment (photo 2).
2) Removal of infected solid tissues before root canal treatment of affected baby teeth (photo 3).
3) Dental treatment and canal filling of the affected teeth (in photo 4, X-ray results after canal filling).
4) In 2.5 hours, 8 teeth were cured by a kid’s dentist: in the 4 upper incisors, the root canals were cleaned and filled, and the teeth were restored with photopolymer material (photo 5), and in 4 molars the caries was treated along with restoration (filling) by photopolymer.
Teeth decay in kids at such an early age is most often associated with nocturnal breastfeeding and lack of adequate hygiene. In order for the restorations (fillings) to serve well before the change of baby teeth and new carious cavities do not appear, it is necessary to refuse night feeding and unhealthy snacks, like cookies and bagels during the day, as well as to clean the teeth twice a day. Also, it is necessary to visit the pediatric dentist 1 time in 3 months for preventive measures.
Now the parents of the kid hold on tightly to the recommendations of the pediatric dentist Dr.Ilona, because in practice they realized how difficult the consequences of bad eating habits were for the kid (and for themselves), as well as, poor hygiene and neglect of preventive examinations of the pediatric dentist.